I.T. Systems Administrator
Falls Church, VA
The I.T Systems Administrator is a talented and experienced I.T. Generalist responsible for enhancing, building, and maintaining Kastle Systems I.T. infrastructure assets including Windows Operating Systems, VMware Infrastructure, switches, and routers; providing technical support to internal customers; providing hardware support for servers and personal computers; staying abreast of new technologies and techniques concerning computer-related subjects, especially personal computing, virtualization, and networks.
The I.T. Systems Administrator will report to the Director of I.T. and take additional direction from the Senior Technical Lead.
The position of I.T. Systems Administrator is that of an exempt employee.
- Maintain and support internal enterprise systems including switches, routers, servers, SANs, and phone systems.
- Complete assigned I.T. projects to further the Kastle Systems I.T. ecosystem.
- Repair and/or provide technical advice on the workings of all computers, and other hardware.
- Configure new servers and PCs appropriately as required.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Provide routine hardware support for in-house computers, telephone systems, and other communication I.T. equipment.
- Participate in a weekly on-call rotation with other personnel for 24-hour instant-response.
- All other duties as assigned
- Degree or certification in one of the following: Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, program design, hardware maintenance, operating systems, local and wide area networking.
- Five years professional experience in a technical role
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High logic aptitude scores.
- Knowledge of Microsoft computer networks and systems.
- Knowledge of VMware virtualization and Storage Area Networks.
- Broad knowledge of personal computers at the laptop and desktop level.
- Working knowledge of various communications protocols and hardware, i.e. Ethernet, TCP/IP, switches, routers.
- Good documentation/technical writing skills.
- Ability to interface and communicate with customers and co-workers in a clear and professional manner.
- Good typing skills and ability to operate a standard computer terminal and keyboard.
- Available to work extra hours and during non-business hours as needed.
- Ability to work well in a group.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this role, the employee is required to talk, and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel and manipulate keys on a keyboard. The employee is often required to stand, walk, and reach with arms and hands. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must be physically and mentally capable of functioning effectively with moderate to high levels of stress in a demanding and dynamic environment. Employee must be able to concentrate for extended periods of time and consistently produce organized thoughts and execute sound judgment. Some travel by automobile, plane and other modes of public transportation may be required.
The following work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the employee will encounter while performing the duties of his/her job;
- the employee is subject to prevailing weather conditions at the time,
- the noise level in the office environment is usually quiet to moderate
- The employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, tools and vehicles
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
* This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of this role and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties, knowledge, skills, abilities or working conditions associated with the role.
* All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Submit Your Resume for This Position: